Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A ring around the moon

There is something in the sky tonight that is a bit thicker than haze and a bit thinner than clouds, and it made an awesome halo around the setting sun, which I did not capture on pixels, and another awesome halo around the rising moon, which I did. However, capturing the halo meant leaving the shutter open for four seconds, which was enough time for every faulty pixel on my Nikon's five-year-old CCD to fire and junk up the image with noise. So right now it only looks good at very small size, so that's all I'm giving you. It will only take about 15 minutes in Photoshop or Gimp to clean it up, but that's more time than I can spend on it right now, so you'll just have to wait.

UPDATE: the cleaned up full version is here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home