Monday, May 14, 2007

It's away!


Just sent my last chapter off to my committee.

Will it, and the rest of my dissertation, find the thermal exhaust port and bring my graduate career to a glorious end, or will they just impact on the surface, leaving me to come around for another pass in August?

The May filing deadline is this Friday. I know, I know, the hour is late. The tardiness, the 11th-hour-ness, the sheer OMG-WTF-were-you-thinking-it's-so-late-ness of it all is...grotesque. Baroque. Extreme (dude!).

Still.

May the Force be with me.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Taylor said...

I hope you remembered to file your dissertation in the auxiliary pigeonhole, right below the main pigeonhole.

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, dude! It's a hell of a feeling, like taking the biggest mental shit of your life. (This simile will haunt you the rest of your academic life, incidently.)

6:38 PM  
Blogger Dr. Vector said...

Thanks, Anon. However, right now the product is dangling precariously over the bowl. I have three days to see if it will actually drop.

If not, I'll have to spend the summer wiping.

How's that for a haunting mental image?

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home