Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Massachusetts inspires thoughts of violence

In my freshman year at OU I took an intro poli sci course. On the first day of class, the professor went through the syllabus and then started describing in general terms how the US government functions. When he paused to allow time for questions, some pedantic, pencil-neck pre-law Poindexter prick (Ah luv me some alliteration, 'allelujah!) raised his hand and said, "I couldn't help noticing that you referred to the US as including 50 states, the District of Columbia, and several territories. I just wanted to point out that Massachusetts is technically a commonwealth."

Now, normally I am not an advocate of beating up nerds, but for 15 years now I have been hoping that on the way back to the dorms, some jock grabbed that kid and beat the living hell out of him.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

Matt, sometimes you have to be the vengeful justice you want to see in the world.

And I might be putting myself at risk of grave bodily harm here, but I feel obliged to point out that PA, KY and VA are also "commonwealths" and that the name carries absolutely 0 legal or political implications whatsoever.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Nick Gardner said...

I guess the subtlety that I missed in your last post was that you have no thoughts on Avatar, thus why you haven't posted them. :)

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home