Sunday, August 23, 2009

True story

So I was going through airport security today with the shinbone of a cow in my bag. As the bag went through the x-ray machine, the Homeland Security dude did a double take.

HS: Sir, is this your bag?

Me: Yup.

HS: What's in it?

Me: A cow bone.

HS: What is that, like a vase or something?

Me: No, it's literally the bone of a cow.

HS: (Face goes blank. Pauses for two seconds. Starts to walk my bag to the bag-search crew. Three steps in, pauses again, laughs, turns back to me.) Okay, you can have it.

Me: Thanks!

HS: (Under his breath, as I'm walking away.) "Literally the bone of a cow." (Chuckles.)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

Dr V ... June 2007...great winning 'godhead' design for zoo t-shirt - I'd like to use it on a flier for a quarterly newsletter, with your permission.
Hokay?

10:53 PM  
Blogger Dr. Vector said...

Glad you liked it. I would like to know more about the newsletter and who it's for before I give permission. Please email me at mathew.wedel@gmail.com.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah Werning said...

It's always fun going through the airport. I never know if it's the fossils, calipers, or "a suspicious amount of electronics, more than a normal person would carry..." that is going to cause them concern.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Raptor Lewis said...

Y'know! What'd he think it was?! o_O

BTW- Nice blog, Doc!! ;)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Hiro C. said...

My brother collects cranes. I once sent him a cow crane via airfreight... you should have seen the face of the lady at the desk when she got the answer to "what's in that box ?" hehehe !

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home